Thursday, September 7, 2006

Discouraged, but Steadfast (9/7/2006)

Hello,

This is the latest from Houston.

The Storm:
We received great news from last week's tests - no sign of cancer in the lungs or the cavity where the spleen was. Also, the fluid in her chest cavity had not returned.

Unfortunately, we also received some discouraging news. "Too many to count" was the report's description concerning the cancerous lesions on her liver. Also, the doctor is suspicious that the cancer has spread to her bones in the pelvic region and in her spine. Ann will have some more tests in the next few weeks to verify this suspicion.

Ann starts chemo this afternoon around 3:00 pm. One chemo will be slowly dripped for 72 hours. The other will be received once per day for four days.

Play of the Day:
I started a new computer consulting job in March (http://www.blogger.com/www.tribridge.com). Little did I know what a God-send this job was. Not only am I no longer self-employed, but the environment is very supportive. I work with great people.

I had already used up more than my allotted vacation time due to my heart attack in May, so I was concerned how this time in Houston would affect things. Tuesday, I received word that several people had donated some of their vacation time to me. This is particular amazing because some of the folks work in Florida, and I have not even met them.

Prayer Requests:

Courage to face the chemo this afternoon. I'm sure the first one is the most difficult emotionally. Healing in God's time and way so that Ann can know her grandchildren.


Psalm 112:7:
He will have no fear of bad news.
His heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

Thank you for standing with us.

In His love,
Howard & Ann

No comments: