Wednesday, August 8, 2007

My Rock (8/8/2007)

Hello to All,

Yesterday afternoon we returned from a great trip to Colorado. It was refreshing to be away from the city and the heat, from our responsibilities and our reality. The majesty of the mountains, the roaring of the streams, the splendor of the wildlife, and the delicacy of the flora all served as reminders of God's glory and diversions from Evil's cancer. Ann used the word "surreal" several times.

The attached picture is of our family at Dream Lake. Ann and I made this hike together on our honeymoon twenty-two years ago. We hiked it again on our tenth anniversary when we were contemplating attending Denver Seminary. Now we have hiked it five times with our four kids. We are praying that God will graciously privilege us with making this hike with all of our grandchildren. To do so will truly be proof that God still heals today.

Ann felt great most of the time we were in Colorado. She not only hiked to Dream Lake, she also made several other hikes with us. In total she trekked about fifteen miles. Not bad for a woman who gets tired walking across Wal-Mart's parking lot. Thanks for praying for her endurance. As Ann pressed along the trail, she sang a song she used to sing with our kids:

"My God is so big, so strong and so mighty.
There's nothing my God cannot do."

By faith we made reservations for next summer. By grace Ann will teach this song to our grandchildren as she hikes with them in Rocky Mountain National Park.

This morning Ann started Round 4 of her current chemo regimen.

Psalm 18:1-2:
I love you, O LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer.
My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.
He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Prayer Requests:

  • That God would use my sermon (August 12th) in our church in Dallas (www.nhbc.net) to encourage those who are struggling to persevere.
  • That we could celebrate our anniversary (August 17th) in hope and not fear.
  • That the scans (August 23rd) and doctor's appointment (August 24th) after Round 4 would confirm that the chemo is killing the tumors.
  • That God would heal Ann in his time and way so that we can worship him with our all of grandkids someday at Dream Lake.

Thanks for praying for Ann's endurance and healing.

Love,
Howard & Ann

No comments: