Monday, May 5, 2008

I Miss You, Mom (from Drew)

Mom, the pain I'm feeling right now will never be fully gone and neither will the longing to be with you just one last time. I could never imagine what life would be like without you but now I'm forced to do more than imagine. You won't be here when I graduate in a month and you won't be here to take me to college in three. You won't be here to take part in my wedding or hold your grandchildren as you so desired. Yet, we can be thankful for the time that God did give to us. You were definitely there when I was born and you were there on my first day of elementary school, jr. high, and high school. You were here for all of my high school dances and made sure I had my pants high enough.

In the time we had you taught me many valuable lessons. The way in which you handled the cancer astounds me and all who knew you. Your faith was incredibly strong and inspired my own. Your servant heart never changed through the past two years and as a result I know truly what it means to love selflessly. Before you were diagnosed you served your husband and children without regard for your own desires and needs. After you were diagnosed you did the same. Your love never changed and I will greatly miss it.

I will also miss your laugh, your smile, and even your reprimanding looks after I had done something stupid. Yet, I will see all of these things in a later day and until then you will be greatly missed by all.

I love you Mom.
Drew

No comments: