Monday, May 5, 2008

I Miss You, Mom (from Matt)

Mom, it is indescribable how much I miss you already. The presence of your love and kindness was so powerful and now it is gone. I miss the hugs and laughs we shared together. I can’t imagine how life will continue to be while you’re gone. Everywhere we go there will be an empty space from the big things like annually going to Colorado to the small things like seeing you pick me up after school. I used to see you laying on the couch and now I look and no one is there. I‘ll never forget seeing you in the stands cheering me on in my basketball games. I’ll miss hearing you get mad at the refs. You won’t be there for the games any more, or to see me graduate, get married, or hold my kids.

But you were there to hang out with me, such as taking me to Sonic after school or visiting the zoo for a fieldtrip. You took me to the mall and to restaurants. We hung out as a family and watched movies. You persevered and fought a rough battle with cancer. You cared, loved and provided for your family. Everyone loved you and you loved them. Also God was your priority because you knew that only the faith of your family and friends would heal you. You also lived a strong Christian life and would spread the word with your great personality. This is what made you such a great, loving, caring mom and person.


I love you Mom.
Matt.

No comments: