Monday, May 5, 2008

I Miss You, Mom (from Hannah)

Mom, there are not enough words to describe what you meant to me. You were a loving, caring, kind, and wonderful mother. I loved to shop with you at our favorite stores like Kohls and Payless. I always enjoyed learning how to cook with you. I will miss the first day of school pictures and hiking with you in Colorado. You always encouraged my goals, no matter how crazy or far fetched they were. Dad and you were usually in the stands supporting me whenever I played my sports, you guys sat in the pews when I sang in our church choir, and always came to my piano recitals. Mom, I will miss you being there every day after school waiting to pick me up.

I will miss the little things like these, but I will also miss the big things like having a mom and your beautiful smile and warm hug. I already miss saying good night to you every night. I missed having you straighten my hair today. It wasn't the same having Stephie do it. You were always there for me whenever I needed someone to talk to or cry with. I looked forward to our Bible study and you teaching me how to become and stay a pure person. I wish we could have finished it because you always gave me good advice.

Many people have said that I look just like you; I only hope that I can act like you too. I want to be as selfless as you and put God first just like you. I want to support my future kids just like you supported me. I loved the way you were able to always care for your family, friends, and God above yourself no matter how good or bad you were feeling. I know that you loved me deeply and I love you. You are my hero as you strongly and bravely fought cancer for two years, not for yourself, but so that you could be here with us. By fighting and not quitting, you taught me that no matter what I go through I should never quit praying or believing in God. I thank God for giving me such a wonderful mother even though the time was so short. I know you wanted to see me grow up and still be here for me. You will always be remembered Mom, because your life will be lived through me.

I love you.
Hannah

No comments: